LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 13th, 2024, 8:54 am

Post subject: 78 P-bass neck w/ JB nut for sale (mucho money)
PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 6:26 am 

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/78-lef ... d.1295976/
FS a 1978 lefty Fender P neck with maple board and hardware. I bought the complete lefty P Bass that this neck is from on eBay several years ago. I had searched for an A (jazz) width lefty P neck to build a reverse head stock Fenderbird around for a long time. I sold the body and pickup. I never got around to building it and have now decided to let the neck go. it's in good shape but at some point a previous owner sanded the finish off of the back of the neck and re-finished it. The re-finish has aged to a brownish tint. I don't know what the finish is. The discoloration is uniform. The back of the neck is smooth but not satin smooth. I had always planned on having the back redone. The rest of the finish on the neck was not altered. There are some nicks and edge wear. The first through fifth frets have some wear. Most being on the first through third. The neck code is 0103 3981 A. Confirming it as a P Bass neck with maple board, built on the 39th week of 1978 on a Monday. The A is for Jazz width, 1.5" at the nut. Check the pictures. Comes with the tuners, bushings and string tree as pictured as well as the "F" neck plate, black rubber gasket and 4 neck screws. $800 shipped Con US only.

Post subject: Re: 78 P-bass neck w/ JB nut for sale (mucho money)
PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 7:30 am 

Those frets are going to DEFINITELY need a level and polishing. Once you do a level the frets are going to be pretty small. $800 is a quite a lot but at least he's including the tuners and such. The "A" necks are really cool on a P bass.

You know you can get a custom Warmoth replacement neck that will crush this neck in build quality and tone but it won't be a authentic Fender neck ;)

Post subject: Re: 78 P-bass neck w/ JB nut for sale (mucho money)
PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 8:05 am 

gravesbass wrote:
Those frets are going to DEFINITELY need a level and polishing. Once you do a level the frets are going to be pretty small. $800 is a quite a lot but at least he's including the tuners and such. The "A" necks are really cool on a P bass.

You know you can get a custom Warmoth replacement neck that will crush this neck in build quality and tone but it won't be a authentic Fender neck ;)

I only have a Tele neck from Warmoth and it's a killer neck!
When I have a chance I would like to try a maple/maple P-bass neck from them!