LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 7th, 2024, 1:04 pm

Post subject: Lefties at Rocket Music
PostPosted: May 29th, 2014, 3:09 am 

Greg is stocking some lefties; two Lulls (one was Lefty007's I think) and a Roscoe on the way:

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/calling ... s.1080233/

I've bought two basses from Rocket; Greg is a great guy to deal with.

Post subject: Re: Lefties at Rocket Music
PostPosted: May 29th, 2014, 12:14 pm 

Nice! Yes, that's my former Lull, which I will try to get back if I can. I have a 5-string Lull on order, and would love to get this one back as well. Just waiting and hoping to sell my Ibanez and Sadowsky soon. Anybody? For Sale Section? Please? ;)

PostPosted: May 29th, 2014, 1:34 pm 

Greg rules.

Carlos, I thought you ordered a fretless Roscoe?

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 5:56 am 

Addison wrote:
Greg rules.

I wanted to, but I thought their list price was a MSRP price list, which is subject to a 20% discount; but their current price list is actual street prices. And on top of that they had raised their prices. Roscoe won't do a Standard with 34" scale, you need to get a Custom for that (and I really wanted 34" instead of 35"), so we where talking about a $4000+ bass (and as plain as they come) and I didn't want to spend that much.

I ended up ordering a JT5 Lull, 5-string Jazz Bass with Thunderbird pickups, passive, mahogany body and neck, natural finish, oh, and 34"-scale . . . :D

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 7:46 am 

Lefty007 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Greg rules.

I wanted to, but I thought their list price was a MSRP price list, which is subject to a 20% discount; but their current price list is actual street prices. And on top of that they had raised their prices. Roscoe won't do a Standard with 34" scale, you need to get a Custom for that (and I really wanted 34" instead of 35"), so we where talking about a $4000+ bass (and as plain as they come) and I didn't want to spend that much.

I ended up ordering a JT5 Lull, 5-string Jazz Bass with Thunderbird pickups, passive, mahogany body and neck, natural finish, oh, and 34"-scale . . . :D

Man! You buy and sell stuff so fast it is difficult to follow you but this Lull sounds yummy. I have always loved those basses.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 10:36 am 

Lefty007 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Greg rules.

and under 9 lbs I hope (for your sake).

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 1:25 pm 

LOL @ Frenchy, and yes, AzWhoFan, under 9lb for sure.

Yeah, man, I've been out of control a bit, although I don't have a lot of disposable income, but having kids, having the same steady (sometimes boring) job for 8 years, and having the same (sometimes boring) band for 12 years, trying basses and "perfecting" my rig is one thing that keep me excited. First-world problems, I know.

Funny thing, I always seem to come back full circle to Fender 4-strings, damn it. What a waste of money through the years. And the 4-string vs. 5-string war inside my head is never ending. . . :roll:

But the state of the market is slowing me a bit. . . it's getting so hard to sell lefty basses. In contrast, I just revamped my amps, cabinet and my pedalboard, and I sold all my old stuff in 2 weeks at either eBay or Talkbass - really fast.

Lefties are broke! ;)