LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 11th, 2024, 12:52 pm

Post subject: Warning: Original 1975 Lefty Fender Jazz Neck on eBay
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2013, 10:17 am 

Guys,

With all respect to the board members here, I want to WARN you guys of a seller on eBay that is a complete DOUCHEBAG. I purchased an original Fender 75' neck from a seller in Florida with the user ID "jhen7032". This guy misled me in several occasions and pulled "I am a grammy nominated artist, played with blah blah blah..." (like I really care)... Anyways, the neck is thrashed with a ton of issues, frets pushing out the edge of binding, chips on the clear coat, pearl blocks cracked, chipped and holes drilled in the neck. The tuners were shown but not included but the listing was misled and left me thinking they were. :?

Yes, it's an old neck but with issues like that, it needs to be listed in the auction ESPECIALLY when you have a Buy It Now option at a somewhat fair price. After multiple hours with the claim and complete hassle, this douche-bag was forced to refund my money in full. He tried lowballing the refund but I was not accepting..... and took a personal loss of $24 shipping it back certified direct signature mail.

It will go back up on ebay I am sure but just warning some of you... Ask ALL questions prior to bidding/buying. I never installed it so have no idea if the neck is even straight.

Cheers!!

Attachments:
douchebag.jpg
douchebag.jpg [ 37.85 KiB | Viewed 2547 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Warning: Original 1975 Lefty Fender Jazz Neck on eBay
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2013, 2:10 pm 

Thanks for the warning, gravesbass.

I saw that listing on Sunday morning 9/22 and almost pulled the trigger myself. :?

Looking at the seller's feedback, it appears michael_atw won an auction for the same neck before you did and this seller didn't sell it to him.

It's his first and only feedback as a seller. I doubt he'll be able to sell under this ID now, but that don't mean we won't see this neck again.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2013, 4:25 pm 

bbl wrote:
Thanks for the warning, gravesbass.

I saw that listing on Sunday morning 9/22 and almost pulled the trigger myself. :?

Looking at the seller's feedback, it appears michael_atw won an auction for the same neck before you did and this seller didn't sell it to him.

It's his first and only feedback as a seller. I doubt he'll be able to sell under this ID now, but that don't mean we won't see this neck again.

Hey Geoff, the seller already mentioned he would have to relist it again in the complaint notes so sure you will see it again (with more details). I was unclear about the michael_atw user as I used the Buy It Now on the same day he left the bad feedback. Didn't know you could leave bad feedback on an item you didn't purchase. They must have been in contact with each other but I bought it faster than he could negotiate. It appears michael_atw is a vintage reseller too.

Any hoot, the guy is still a douche-bag and i'll leave it at that! :evil:

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2013, 5:43 pm 

What I meant was the neck was previously listed by this seller, and michael_atw won that auction. That's why he was able to leave feedback.

I didn't see that, either; not until now.

(Gee, wouldn't it be nice if Ebay made that clear to potential bidders -- that the item you're bidding on has been "sold" by the same seller in a recently completed auction?) :roll:

Anyhoo, glad you got (most of) your money back!

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2013, 6:22 pm 

bbl wrote:
What I meant was the neck was previously listed by this seller, and michael_atw won that auction. That's why he was able to leave feedback.

I didn't see that, either; not until now.

(Gee, wouldn't it be nice if Ebay made that clear to potential bidders -- that the item you're bidding on has been "sold" by the same seller in a recently completed auction?) :roll:

Anyhoo, glad you got (most of) your money back!

I pressed the Buy It Now button. There were no bids on it. I always refresh prior to bidding or buying and bought within 10 seconds.. Unless we both pressed same time......

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2013, 6:51 pm 

This?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-1973-1974- ... 1e807f3b4f

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2013, 9:22 pm 

gravesbass wrote:
I pressed the Buy It Now button. There were no bids on it. I always refresh prior to bidding or buying and bought within 10 seconds.. Unless we both pressed same time......

I'm referring to a different auction, not the auction that you won.

An earlier, different auction that michael_atw won - for the same item. It ended on 9/15/13.

Here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1975-L ... 4176f46bb8

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2013, 10:57 pm 

bbl wrote:
gravesbass wrote:

I'm referring to a different auction, not the auction that you won.

An earlier, different auction that michael_atw won - for the same item. It ended on 9/15/13.

Here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1975-L ... 4176f46bb8

AHHHHHHH, I didn't see that. I guess he reposted it. Wow.... well, glad I got my $$ back (mostly). It's not worth $817 and definitely not worth the crap POS seller. Thansk BBL for posting this link.