LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 11th, 2024, 8:26 am

Post subject: Anyone ever deal with these guys?
PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 7:57 am 

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... d=0&page=1

Not sure if this is legit-but if it is....there's a Lefty, Sonic Blue 5 string Fender Jazz bass on there that I'd love to own. Seems WAY too good to be true!!
Any thoughts, ideas?

Post subject: Re: Anyone ever deal with these guys?
PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 9:42 am 

Totally fake, but looks cool nonetheless!

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 10:17 am 

Have you dealt with them? How is it a fake? I mean, the price is just insane for that bass so it's gotta be a fake. Just curious as to how.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 10:41 am 

What crooks, man. They even have a Gibson EB hollow body copy stamped "Made in USA." :lol: Well, it's no secret that many Asian manufacturers do nothing but copies and this have been going on for decades. It' just a bit shocking to see it so blatantly available online. But I bet you it is illegal to bring any of those instruments to the US.

tomdbass, they obviously are fakes because if you know a brand's history and models, you know that Fender only makes a lefty-5-string in Japan, and they cost $1500+ (although, not worth it at all, it's because the yen/dollar exchange rate). Not to mention there is never been a lefty Fender Sonic Blue bass (okay, maybe a custom order in the '60s. . . ). As you mention, the prices are a dead giveaway, the logo position and lettering are are wrong, and there is probably 20 other things one could mention.

And you can see they also have counterfeit Fodera, Gibson, MusicMan, Rickenbacker, so this is obviously a factory that does nothing but counterfeit instruments. . . . and I'm sure they sell well in many continents where copyright laws can't be enforced. In reality, these are probably playable basses with some setup, just like a bass from Rondo Music, which are the cheapest instruments you can buy.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 10:44 am 

Do they sell Rolex too?

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 11:32 am 

Lefty007 wrote:
What crooks, man. They even have a Gibson EB hollow body copy stamped "Made in USA." :lol: Well, it's no secret that many Asian manufacturers do nothing but copies and this have been going on for decades. It' just a bit shocking to see it so blatantly available online. But I bet you it is illegal to bring any of those instruments to the US.

tomdbass, they obviously are fakes because if you know a brand's history and models, you know that Fender only makes a lefty-5-string in Japan, and they cost $1500+ (although, not worth it at all, it's because the yen/dollar exchange rate). Not to mention there is never been a lefty Fender Sonic Blue bass (okay, maybe a custom order in the '60s. . . ). As you mention, the prices are a dead giveaway, the logo position and lettering are are wrong, and there is probably 20 other things one could mention.

And you can see they also have counterfeit Fodera, Gibson, MusicMan, Rickenbacker, so this is obviously a factory that does nothing but counterfeit instruments. . . . and I'm sure they sell well in many continents where copyright laws can't be enforced. In reality, these are probably playable basses with some setup, just like a bass from Rondo Music, which are the cheapest instruments you can buy.

Oh I know they're counterfeits! i mean they have stuff on there that just does'nt exist as a lefty like you said. In fact, if you look real close at the "Ric" copies, you'll see that the basses have a tilted headstock-Never saw a Ric with that! Just curious as to what they were about. Too bad about it-but definately NOT worth getting involved with it. Thanks man!

PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 11:51 am 

Ha! This site sells anything and everything that can possibly be faked. The bicycle manufacturer that I work for when I'm not music'ing - Cervélo - has had major battles with these guys and many other Indonesian web retailers and have started co-operating with a number of other bicycle companies in the industry to shut these Chinese knock offs down. As you can imagine, it goes beyond customer dissatisfaction and gets into a complete and utter lack of concern for customer safety.

Here is a listing for a FAKE Cervélo S5 frameset - http://goo.gl/78mbp . If you act now you save an additional 10% off the original price of $730 bringing the total down to $657! What an AMAZING deal!! With all the money you save you can buy a new set of teeth to replace the ones you lose when the front end folds and slams your face into the tarmac.

A real Cervélo S5 frameset retails for around $3800 USD and has enough engineering, testing and QC invested in it so that you can be confident you won't break your face. Yet, every single day, one of my colleagues here is contacted by a consumer who thought this deal was legit. Often, they get extremely upset at US because we can't do anything for them. Hmmm, you bought a high performance, carbon fiber, racing bicycle frameset for roughly 80% off the MSRP from a website based in Indonesia and we're the bad guys?!

Okay. Rant done. Suffice it to say - IMHO - the only way to combat thievery like this is to refuse to support them. Unfortunately, there are teeming hordes of web surfers out there who just don't get it.

http://whitecowbell.com
http://www.facebook.com/southpawl.jones
http://goo.gl/rMTPk

PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Isn't the wild painted Rickenbacker Ronn's?

PostPosted: May 25th, 2013, 7:35 am 

What amazes me is that somebody would go to the trouble of actually counterfeiting lefties, given the small market.