LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 7th, 2024, 6:31 am

Post subject: Gamma bass is now putting together Lefty units.
PostPosted: April 9th, 2013, 10:48 am 

Joe is a TalkBass user I have known for a couple years, but wanted to start putting together lefty's cause I told him it was unfair to give the rightys everything and this is his first one. He has a lot of people with his rightys in various colors and configs, but I told him there is a market for leftys so he asked if I repost his first one he has on his local CL.

575.00 but naturally he said if any of us buy one, the price is negotiable ;)
All the specs and stuff is in the CL ad.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/msg/3732422176.html

Post subject: Re: Gamma bass is now putting together Lefty units.
PostPosted: April 9th, 2013, 1:44 pm 

Cool, I will by in NYC in the next month. If still for sale I may go check it out.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2013, 1:49 pm 

Joe is a good guy. give him a shout at

gammabassguitars@rocketmail.com

and you and him might be able to hookup while you are there to check it out live.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2013, 6:59 pm 

Joe is a great guy he lives 10 minutes from me get to play with his band a lot his guitar players son is my drummer in Red and The Roosters.

Aim low play BASS! 2013 MTD 535-24/2013 Sadowsky NYC/2013 Gibson SG Bass/2012 Gibson T-Bird/2012 Rickenbacker 4003/2000 Fender Am Dlx J/ 2005 Fender Am Standard P/2006 Fender Am Standard P/1998 MM Stingray/1978 Fender Fretless American Standard P

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 3:58 am 

Mike/Paul and all of my Left handed Bass Brothers of the world :mrgreen: ...thanks all! I am very very very proud of this master-piece. The comments are very kind. Feel free to check out the following random links for some reviews...

- http://localmusicgeargearreview.blogspo ... alpha.html

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ILr8tbQ ... detailpage

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1eFG2zp ... vA&index=1

More info on these great Custom Built Basses are here: http://www.Facebook.com/GammaBassGuitars

Have a great day!

---No problem to ship. Appreciate the interest.

Cheers!

Joey

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 6:19 am 

small world Paul that you and Joe are "interactive"

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 7:00 am 

amimbari wrote:

PJmuck (Pete) was at Joe's house for a barbeque the summer before last and sat in with his band a the Stone Pony. Mikey ou should do road trip this summer.

Aim low play BASS! 2013 MTD 535-24/2013 Sadowsky NYC/2013 Gibson SG Bass/2012 Gibson T-Bird/2012 Rickenbacker 4003/2000 Fender Am Dlx J/ 2005 Fender Am Standard P/2006 Fender Am Standard P/1998 MM Stingray/1978 Fender Fretless American Standard P

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 8:23 am 

tempting since you have all kinds of nice gear for me to use for a band-backyard-jam :lol:

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 10:24 am 

amimbari wrote:
tempting since you have all kinds of nice gear for me to use for a band-backyard-jam :lol:

Anytime, PT's Sadowsky should be completed in July in time for the BBQ. Joe has a guy build a stage in his yard we just acquired a lot of led lighting and were gonna bring the big sound system so it should be a good time.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2013, 11:50 am 

ptbass wrote:
amimbari wrote:

PJmuck (Pete) was at Joe's house for a barbeque the summer before last and sat in with his band a the Stone Pony. Mikey ou should do road trip this summer.

Small world indeed! :D Welcome Joe. Hope you're doing well. How's the band? I had no idea you were a builder. We'll talk.

Peace,
Peter

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 2:26 pm 

pjmuck wrote:
ptbass wrote:
amimbari wrote:

Small world indeed! :D Welcome Joe. Hope you're doing well. How's the band? I had no idea you were a builder. We'll talk.

Peace,
Peter

Doing well, Pete! Sent you a PM. Here's Paul holding this Great Bass at the Brookdale Show. He Demo'ed it and sounded amazing!

THE LISTING IS NOW HERE: http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/msg/3744269160.html

Attachments:
photo9.jpg
photo9.jpg [ 42.96 KiB | Viewed 7999 times ]

Last edited by Joe Milstein on April 15th, 2013, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 6:40 pm 

Joe, just want to introduce myself and say hello. When I saw this transparent orange lefty beta bass posted for sale I must confess to being a bit underwhelmed... I'd never heard of Gamma basses, and of course variations on basic P and J basses are nothing new. My initial reaction was "why build a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz clone for $575"? But I was intrigued when I saw amimbari's post that he had been in contact with you previously about doing lefties, and I decided to do some due diligence and try to read everything I could find online on your basses before making a judgment. I'm really glad I did! I must congratulate you on producing a quality custom bass at an affordable price that a lot of bassists are very excited about! My question is, are you now fully prepared to offer the same range of options to leftys that you are offering to our right handed peers? If so, please don't be discouraged by the lack of response to this first lefty. Instead can I encourage you to post pics here of all the other basses so folks here can see what you are doing? After having seen the wide variety of custom builds you've done, I believe that you have a ready-made market opportunity among the lefty community who would be as excited as I am to FINALLY have easy access to these great choices of colors and personalization that lefties rarely get, and will love the quality and price point!

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 7:05 pm 

Joe,
Do you make your own bodies? How about the necks?
I am in Brooklyn, where can I try one?

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 7:10 pm 

the posting is now here: details & pics at: http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/msg/3744269160.html

I am in NJ. You can come check them out. Or I can meet in NYC if you want to give it ride.

Cheers!

Joey

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 7:41 pm 

Carmine wrote:
Joe, just want to introduce myself and say hello. When I saw this transparent orange lefty beta bass posted for sale I must confess to being a bit underwhelmed... I'd never heard of Gamma basses, and of course variations on basic P and J basses are nothing new. My initial reaction was "why build a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz clone for $575"? But I was intrigued when I saw amimbari's post that he had been in contact with you previously about doing lefties, and I decided to do some due diligence and try to read everything I could find online on your basses before making a judgment. I'm really glad I did! I must congratulate you on producing a quality custom bass at an affordable price that a lot of bassists are very excited about! My question is, are you now fully prepared to offer the same range of options to leftys that you are offering to our right handed peers? If so, please don't be discouraged by the lack of response to this first lefty. Instead can I encourage you to post pics here of all the other basses so folks here can see what you are doing? After having seen the wide variety of custom builds you've done, I believe that you have a ready-made market opportunity among the lefty community who would be as excited as I am to FINALLY have easy access to these great choices of colors and personalization that lefties rarely get, and will love the quality and price point!

Thanks for the note.... appreciate the comment....you can see tons of details, pics, albums, info and nice feedback at the little site http://www.facebook.com/GammaBassGuitars ... swing by --- at least give me a LIKE ;).... i normally build them one at a time so i dont/wont have 'other' lefty basses to keep in inventory for display. similar to my righty basses. they get displayed upon completion. i just built (for the first time) several GAMMAs to bring to a local guitar show. was very well received. i am committed to building quality instruments at affordable prices that i can be proud of..and stand behind. Thanks again ! Cheers!

PostPosted: April 16th, 2013, 5:37 am 

I think that these look great and I'm glad there is one more option out there for players looking for a good, giggable lefty bass at a decent price.

I'm curious about the origin of the parts. . . I'm assuming that these are all Asian-made parts (Mighty Might, maybe) and electronics, with a nice finish and setup? At this price point, I don't see how else it could be done. Unless you have some gnomes working at your shop. . . :D

Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: April 16th, 2013, 5:57 am 

Lefty007 wrote:
I think that these look great and I'm glad there is one more option out there for players looking for a good, giggable lefty bass at a decent price.

I'm curious about the origin of the parts. . . I'm assuming that these are all Asian-made parts (Mighty Might, maybe) and electronics, with a nice finish and setup? At this price point, I don't see how else it could be done. Unless you have some gnomes working at your shop. . . :D

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the note.... I really appreciate the nice comments and positive feedback. This LEFTY is one of the nicest I have ever built ....the gnomes in my basement are very loyal and very talented.... :ugeek: ... The headstock, alone, took me 2 weeks to get perfectly matched. These are NOT Chinese basses, if that is what you mean (not that there is anything wrong with Chinese ;) I have seen some very nice products from China). I use a very small variety of parts - all very well appointed and top notch. You can see / read tons on my little site...."Most" of my builds are MIJ/MIA stuff - no crap!. This Lefty body is Alder , components are MIJ. Neck is Canadian Maple and Indian Rosewood Board.

All best!

Cheers!

Joey

PostPosted: April 16th, 2013, 6:06 am 

Add me to the list of new admirers of your bass builds. Have looked at the youtube videos, and liked your Facebook page.... lots of great basses posted there to look at! Scrolled down a-ways on your FB page and saw the single cut-away model you built for Flip Mortarano (December 21, 2012 entry)- very nice! Keep up the great work!

PostPosted: April 16th, 2013, 6:18 am 

fivebass52 wrote:
Add me to the list of new admirers of your bass builds. Have looked at the youtube videos, and liked your Facebook page.... lots of great basses posted there to look at! Scrolled down a-ways on your FB page and saw the single cut-away model you built for Flip Mortarano (December 21, 2012 entry)- very nice! Keep up the great work!

Hey thanks! I just built and sold another just like that one in Flame Top Blue... They are really unique.. I only do a very very limted amount of those. Appreciate the nice words. (here are a couple of pics) Hot out of the shop and enroute to Connecticut.

Cheers! Joey

Attachments:
photo 17.JPG
photo 17.JPG [ 317.24 KiB | Viewed 7946 times ]
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG [ 265.24 KiB | Viewed 7946 times ]
photo 16.JPG
photo 16.JPG [ 123.87 KiB | Viewed 7946 times ]
PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 5:43 am 

Hey Lefty Bros... I really appreciate the kind comments and wonderful feedback. This GAMMA Lefty Beta (Jazz Style) is now on Ebay (Evilbay :evil: ). Someone is going to be very lucky... :D ... and with No Reserve... :o

Have a great weekend! Cheers! Joey