LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 2:33 pm

Post subject: BEE-3 Vintage/New Guitar Show King of Prussia
PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 2:38 pm 

Hello all, I just got back from my 4th or 5th time at this guitar and bass show. Comes around in the fall and summer. Never brought a camera along or ordered anything big but this time I did both. I took some shots of the 2 lefties I could find and a picture from the guys at Warrior who are going to start building my next bass. Very great guys and killer tone and quality. Anyway it's still open tomorrow as well. I did not ask pricing on the P or the Rick but everyone is doing anything to sell...

Attachments:
P1000793.JPG
P1000793.JPG [ 133.26 KiB | Viewed 7431 times ]
P1000790.JPG
P1000790.JPG [ 146.17 KiB | Viewed 7429 times ]
P1000789.JPG
P1000789.JPG [ 186.06 KiB | Viewed 7429 times ]
 Post subject: Re: BEE-3 Vintage/New Guitar Show King of Prussia
PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 3:09 pm 

I think Warrior basses are beautiful. I've never known anyone who owned one, however, and there's not much info out there. Would love to try one/hear some samples.

FYI, that lefty P bass is definitely not a '95. Looks more like a mid/late 70's judging by the headstock logo.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 3:33 pm 

Yeh man I know, that Fender is no way a “95” bass. I thought maybe it was $1995.00 and the date was somewhere else. I’m clueless when it comes to anything fender so I didn’t was to say or ask for fear I would get put in my Fender place. The Fender looks like a 70’s basis for sure. There is that natural yellowing of the finish on the headstock that happens with age. Anyway I know most guys around here are for the most part Fenderish friendly and that is way cool. I however appreciate them but don’t care for them for myself. But that P looks like a real player man.

As far as Warrior basses I love Adam Nitti’s tone and Alan Snoop Evans and a killer lefty Keith Horne. If you have ever clicked on Atlanta Bass Gallery’s website you can hear Adam’s tone it’s there theme music. But man just YouTube some Warrior stuff and I personally think the tone is to die for. The craftsmanship is so killer. I did a “Bass Boot Camp” with Gerald veasley and Adam was there and I actually held his 6 string and heard it right in front of me and it brought a tear to my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYmf1LJg8V8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1HnXIW_ ... 1&index=24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoLqaQmlx1Y

PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 3:57 pm 

Warrior basses are KILLER!! They sound like a mix of a MTD and Zon Studio Custom...... Great workmanship goes into these basses and the pups and preamp are custom made for Warrior by Bill Bartolini. Thumbs up!

PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

pjmuck wrote:
FYI, that lefty P bass is definitely not a '95. Looks more like a mid/late 70's judging by the headstock logo.

I'd guess that's $1995 price tag.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 7:19 pm 

From what I have learned just from hanging around here doesn't that screw in the middle of the pickgaurd below the G string indicate a 76,77,78 approximate time frame?

I will be there tomorrow around 10 AM I could do some digging on the Rick and the P if anyone is interested. :roll:

PostPosted: July 18th, 2010, 5:50 am 

Phil Barker of IONA, of whom I bought my Stingray 5, plays a lefty custom Warrior 6-string. Amazing instrument, truly stunning.

(in this pic he's using a stick to hit the strings, to mimic the attack of a Chapman Stick as their first bassist was a Stick player)

PostPosted: July 18th, 2010, 10:07 am 

I bet that Ricky's cheaper than the 6k price tag of the dipshit at Groovy Guitars is asking I'd be curious on what he's asking for it just for a lark.I couldn't imagine it's anywhere that price.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2010, 10:46 am 

Was back at the show today to pull the trigger on the Warrior and I did go ask about the P and the Rick. The P bass is a "77" and guys are willing to work on price. The neck and frets on it are perfect but has a little body rash. They are asking $5,995.00 for the Rick....The action was high and the neck didn't look all that great as far as fret work but Ricks aint for me anyway. I said 6K? Why don't you just ask for 10K???? I don't know maybe it's worth it but that's a lot of bread for a bass like that but I don't know about collectables and investments. I play em all if I got em...

PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 12:55 am 

6000$ for a rick ? What's the f... ???? That should be around 1500-2000$. But well... the body seems to be different to traditionnel models, so as the knobs. Somebody has an idea ?

EDIT - PMC = Paul Mc Cartney
http://www.gbase.com/gear/rickenbacker-4001-pmc-bass-lefty-left-1993-re

PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 7:14 am 

bajito wrote:
6000$ for a rick ? What's the f... ???? That should be around 1500-2000$. But well... the body seems to be different to traditionnel models, so as the knobs. Somebody has an idea ?

EDIT - PMC = Paul Mc Cartney
http://www.gbase.com/gear/rickenbacker-4001-pmc-bass-lefty-left-1993-re

A very few PMCs were produced, mostly for Japan, so they are quite rare and thus bring huge $$$.
Kinda like if you had a lefty 4001CS Chris Squire Limited Edition in LEFTY. Only 1000 CS basses were made, of which only 3 or 4 were lefty, a limited edition within a limited edition!

PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 8:32 am 

Is the PMC a different model than the V63? I thought McCartney didn't officially grant his namesake to Rick until they issued the V64, which featured his sanded/sawed off horn appointments. (Unless "PMC" isn't technically a true sig. model).

At any rate, Rick prices are definitely through the roof now, and while I still think $6000 is a Hail Mary pass I'd put the fair value in and around the $3500-$4000 area.

PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 8:48 am 

Subject: Left Handed Rickenbacker Basses

Date: 1999/09/09

Question: It is true that all left-handed rickenbacker basses come with a right-handed headstock and left-handed logo?

Answer from John Hall: No this is not correct. For many years now we've produced mirror image lefties. There are a couple of parts, such as the -R- tailpiece, that don't have a left-hand equivalent, but for the most part they're left-handed all the way. That, of course, is precisely why the 4001v63PMC Stock Keeping Unit's exist as this bass is the exception and made the original way.