LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:39 pm

Post subject: 76 P-bass on the bay
PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 1:48 pm 

Nicely beat up and would make a good project for someone with that BIN of $850. don't think this will last long, better jump on it if u want it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lefty-1976-Fender-Precision-Bass_W0QQitemZ330411123648QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item4cee09a3c0

Post subject: Re: 76 P-bass on the bay
PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 3:25 pm 

$850 isn't bad until you add the shipping cost of $114. :shock: We all know shipping everyday shipping costs for UPS Ground are anywhere from $25 to $40 in most cases. I seriously wonder at time what sellers are thinking, or where they come up with these shipping prices.

Shipping prices is the second thing I look at, even before the description, because being in Hawaii, that can make or break my decision to to buy an item I'm interested in. I am also able in most cases able to convince a seller to ship to Hawaii, even though the they say Con-US only, after I show them that the additional amount is usually only about $10 to $20 more.

I once had a heated discussion with Kurt from Rondo that his shipping calculator was charging way too much to Hawaii, and that I couldn't justify buying from his website because of it. Since then they've changed it, and the SX fiver I just bought for $99, and a set of strings, are being shipped for about $54, which is OK with me.

I also just bought an Omni 10.5 BFM cab through Talkbass that's coming from Connecticut. Through USPS it's only $38 for a 27lb cab, plus whatever the seller put it in. I sometimes think sellers still consider Hawaii a foreign country when factoring in shipping costs! But I can usually persuade them to ship here when I show them it doesn't amount to much more than $20 extra on average, and I'm willing to pay for it anyway.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 6:07 pm 

It's gone! Sold for the BIN of $850.

Ya gotta love that ebay shipping calculator. I think it's designed to rip you off if you live in Ak, HI or Pr. It quoted a cost of $35 to get it to me in Arizona.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 9:55 pm 

DAMN. Hate that I missed that one. One of these days I'll get my hands on a 76... :(