LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently February 25th, 2024, 2:31 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bernie Goodfellow Bass Left Handed
PostPosted: November 24th, 2023, 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 9th, 2014, 5:27 pm
Posts: 3484
Location: Beantown
https://thebassgallery.com/products/goodfellow-bass
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bernie Goodfellow Bass Left Handed
PostPosted: November 30th, 2023, 5:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 18th, 2009, 2:36 pm
Posts: 841
Location: Londinium
Holy smokes - this bass was on stage at Live Aid.

BTW I've been to the shop selling this. They sure pack a lot of basses into a small space!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bernie Goodfellow Bass Left Handed
PostPosted: November 30th, 2023, 6:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: March 9th, 2008, 7:46 am
Posts: 3846
Location: West Orange, NJ
Agent00Soul wrote:
Holy smokes - this bass was on stage at Live Aid.

BTW I've been to the shop selling this. They sure pack a lot of basses into a small space!



Gorgeous bass...at an Alembic price. :shock:

Here's the bass in action at Live Aid with bassist Camille Hinds of The Style Council. (Style Council were great, BTW. Paul Weller's 2nd band after The Jam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ZsIWQCPnQ


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bernie Goodfellow Bass Left Handed
PostPosted: December 1st, 2023, 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 18th, 2009, 2:36 pm
Posts: 841
Location: Londinium
pjmuck wrote:
Agent00Soul wrote:
Holy smokes - this bass was on stage at Live Aid.

BTW I've been to the shop selling this. They sure pack a lot of basses into a small space!



Gorgeous bass...at an Alembic price. :shock:

Here's the bass in action at Live Aid with bassist Camille Hinds of The Style Council. (Style Council were great, BTW. Paul Weller's 2nd band after The Jam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ZsIWQCPnQ


I actually watched this live as a teenager. The Style Council were the second band and they were on at some ungodly hour in NY.

The Style Council are a very underrated band IMHO. They were totally overshadowed by the Jam, and still are, but if you can ignore the tinny 1980s production of their records, many of their songs are great!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bernie Goodfellow Bass Left Handed
PostPosted: December 1st, 2023, 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: March 9th, 2008, 7:46 am
Posts: 3846
Location: West Orange, NJ
Agent00Soul wrote:
pjmuck wrote:
Agent00Soul wrote:
Holy smokes - this bass was on stage at Live Aid.

BTW I've been to the shop selling this. They sure pack a lot of basses into a small space!



Gorgeous bass...at an Alembic price. :shock:

Here's the bass in action at Live Aid with bassist Camille Hinds of The Style Council. (Style Council were great, BTW. Paul Weller's 2nd band after The Jam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ZsIWQCPnQ


I actually watched this live as a teenager. The Style Council were the second band and they were on at some ungodly hour in NY.

The Style Council are a very underrated band IMHO. They were totally overshadowed by the Jam, and still are, but if you can ignore the tinny 1980s production of their records, many of their songs are great!


Yep, me too. I woke up early to watch Live Aid right from the opening of Status Quo. I recorded a lot of it on VHS tape too, and watched it over and over. The official DVD release omitted a lot of stuff I still have on VHS (like Simon LeBon's infamous vocal crack, LOL).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bernie Goodfellow Bass Left Handed
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2023, 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 20th, 2011, 11:42 am
Posts: 963
Location: Philly Area
I love web sites for stores that have Orientation, this store has 18 Lefties in Stock!

https://thebassgallery.com/collections/bass?_=pf&pf_t_orientation=Left%20Handed


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bernie Goodfellow Bass Left Handed
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2023, 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: November 26th, 2008, 6:14 am
Posts: 3610
Location: Oahu, Hawaii
bobjones2260 wrote:
I love web sites for stores that have Orientation, this store has 18 Lefties in Stock!

https://thebassgallery.com/collections/bass?_=pf&pf_t_orientation=Left%20Handed


Just wish they'd Orient them all in the left Hand direction! :)

_________________
R&B Stretch Bass, Walter Woods 1000w Green-Light Stereo Amp, AccuGroove El Whappo and TR112, assorted axes, amps, cabs...
http://www.myspace.com/thestrangershawaii


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits