LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 11:25 pm

Post subject: BC Rich Warlock NJ Series early 90's
PostPosted: June 17th, 2023, 9:35 am 

You want switches? We got switches! Listing says 80's, but based on the serial number, more likely late 80's/early 90's. And the neck is a reverse righty. This same bass sold on Reverb 4 months ago for $990, and was listed as an '89:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175772650617?h ... R7j51KKZYg

Post subject: Re: BC Rich Warlock NJ Series early 90's
PostPosted: June 17th, 2023, 3:03 pm 

You are not going to believe this but… Not the same bass! I bought the one a few months ago for 775 so yeah their price is crazy. Get this… that shop is my shop that I go to a few times a week. I know the owner. I know everyone that works there. They work on all my stuff. This listing was posted the other night just before midnight and I kind of freaked out for a moment because I have my bass in the shop for some repairs. I thought maybe there was a mixup and they listed my bass for sale. I was texting with the owner at midnight, and we couldn’t conclusively tell until I found some photos of mine and my finish wear is slightly different than their pictures so yes, there are two of these and they are both at this store right now. Mine for repair and theirs for sale. It’s totally nuts, it turns out the serial number is only five numbers apart from each other. What are the odds? I’ve asked them to take a photo of the two together. Oh and theirs is a lefty reverse headstock neck with the dot markers on the correct side. Mine is a flipped righty neck.

Post subject: Re: BC Rich Warlock NJ Series early 90's
PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 11:25 am 

rdavidson wrote:
You are not going to believe this but… Not the same bass! I bought the one a few months ago for 775 so yeah their price is crazy. Get this… that shop is my shop that I go to a few times a week. I know the owner. I know everyone that works there. They work on all my stuff. This listing was posted the other night just before midnight and I kind of freaked out for a moment because I have my bass in the shop for some repairs. I thought maybe there was a mixup and they listed my bass for sale. I was texting with the owner at midnight, and we couldn’t conclusively tell until I found some photos of mine and my finish wear is slightly different than their pictures so yes, there are two of these and they are both at this store right now. Mine for repair and theirs for sale. It’s totally nuts, it turns out the serial number is only five numbers apart from each other. What are the odds? I’ve asked them to take a photo of the two together. Oh and theirs is a lefty reverse headstock neck with the dot markers on the correct side. Mine is a flipped righty neck.

Great story! Regarding the close serial #s, that's probably to be expected, since many companies retool their equipment once a year to accommodate lefties, so you can often find instruments datable o a single week/month of production.