Post subject: Carvin Bunny Brunell
PostPosted: April 11th, 2023, 12:37 pm 

https://www.gbase.com/gear/carvin-bunny ... 90-natural

Post subject: Re: Carvin Bunny Brunell
PostPosted: April 11th, 2023, 1:25 pm 

Sweet!

PostPosted: April 12th, 2023, 3:14 am 

Whoa! That's something I had completely forgotten existed. Didn't even know they made lefties.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2023, 2:40 pm 

That Bunny Brunell is a beauty! I see it's listed @ $1595…

Carvins are imho still the most underrated bass brand on the used market, thus prices are still low relative to their exceptional overall quality. The upside to Carvin's lack of "snob appeal" is that some absolutley amazing Carvin basses can be bought on the used market for far less than their comparable value- but it does feel like the older models have been gradually commanding more attention and price appreciation (since the change to Kiesel?-could be just coincidental). Brand names aside, compared to what that money would buy you elsewhere this is surely $2000 worth of bass if the world made sense... so maybe $1595 is actually in the ballpark these days?

I've owned at least twenty different Carvins over the years (LBs, BBs, SBs, Icons, ACs, 4 & 5 strings, fretted & fretless)... still have nine of 'em. As I posted back in 2012:

I am a bit of a Carvin junkie- but then again, I am a bit of a junkie for any mass manufacturer of high quality, beautifully made, affordable basses that treats lefties as equals to right handed players, considering that they will build exactly what you want in a lefty version; the vast scope of options and finishes; their huge "bang for the buck" value factor; and the relative ease of acquiring a really nice one used… my question is: why don't ALL of you guys have at least ONE Carvin? ;)

Two of mine are Bunny Brunell (still hands down my favorite Carvin for ergonomics- the feel, weight, balance, and playability of that design was near perfect, imho):

-a Quilted Maple topped BB70P featuring H50S stacked humbucker J pickups, Piezo bridge pickup, and 18v preamp:

-and a Tobacco Sunburst finish Ash BB70P featuring SPN (neck) and SPB (bridge) soapbar humbucking pickups, Piezo bridge pickup, and 18v preamp:

The tonal capabilities on both of these basses will take you pretty much anywhere you want/ need to go, and while the Piezo bridge pickup is not essential, it's one of those things that you don't fully appreciate until you have it. I am amazed at how useful and unique sounding it can be integrated into to overall blend with the other pups.

P.S. - I did notice that the one in the listing is running 9v and no Piezo.