LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:11 pm

Post subject: Ibanez Paul Gray Signature Bass
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2023, 2:48 pm 

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 4-191-2645

Post subject: Re: Ibanez Paul Gray Signature Bass
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2023, 12:03 am 

Awesome -I do miss my ATK. Note that the listing says it was used right-handed by a previous owner, so I'd be on the lookout for an annoying strap screw hole in the lower horn..(edit - it's in the last picture- they were not working for me at first).

PostPosted: March 24th, 2023, 4:40 pm 

NoXX wrote:
Awesome -I do miss my ATK. Note that the listing says it was used right-handed by a previous owner, so I'd be on the lookout for an annoying strap screw hole in the lower horn..(edit - it's in the last picture- they were not working for me at first).

Bastard - Blasphemy! This ATK will never be worth thousands, but still, screwing up a small run of an iconic bass by drilling a hole in it... just sucks... still, it's now part of the provenance I guess... what are you gonna do?! :(

PostPosted: March 26th, 2023, 4:53 pm 

fivebass52 wrote:
NoXX wrote:

Bastard - Blasphemy! This ATK will never be worth thousands, but still, screwing up a small run of an iconic bass by drilling a hole in it... just sucks... still, it's now part of the provenance I guess... what are you gonna do?! :(

I’m with you on this Fivebass… like you said, never a big money earner, but a great working man’s bass, which seems to be getting scarcer in Lefty…

PostPosted: March 29th, 2023, 5:38 pm 

NoXX wrote:
fivebass52 wrote:
NoXX wrote:

I’m with you on this Fivebass… like you said, never a big money earner, but a great working man’s bass, which seems to be getting scarcer in Lefty…

I currently have three... an Amber 4-string, a Dark Smoke 5-string (can't recall the actual name, although Jeroen would know...), and a Black Sparkle/right handed 5-string...

PostPosted: March 30th, 2023, 5:42 am 

fivebass52 wrote:
I currently have three... an Amber 4-string, a Dark Smoke 5-string (can't recall the actual name, although Jeroen would know...), and a Black Sparkle/right handed 5-string...

Sweet! Throw up a picture in the gallery!

I never really "got" what a Rick is capable of until I ran it stereo a few times in my college band. We used to call it the "Piano of Doom". You get all the bottom and all the top in total a**kicking mode.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2023, 8:17 am 

fivebass52 wrote:
Dark Smoke 5-string (can't recall the actual name, although Jeroen would know...)

That would be Transparent Black (or TK in short) :)
These were mine (and I had one more ATK300 in the same finish, all three made in Japan):

Attachment:
58481_101385536592742_6843226_n.jpg
58481_101385536592742_6843226_n.jpg [ 32.67 KiB | Viewed 1236 times ]

I don't own either of them anymore, my last ATK300 was sold years ago and I sold my ATK305 a few months ago. They are great basses and incredibly solid (which any pair of scales will happily confirm :lol: ) but I just don't get along with MM-type pickups anymore. I hadn't touched my 305 in years and it just sat there in my rack while I was only playing my Status Graphite 5-string and some of my 4-strings.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2023, 7:26 am 

superheavydeathmetal wrote:
fivebass52 wrote:

Jeroen came through with the ATK305 color, it's called Dark Smoke... and scroll to the bottom of this old post of mine, where I show all three basses, this was the day that the 305 finally arrived in the mail, and was put together... the Amber 300 was sold years ago to a forum member. I found another last year on Facebook Marketplace, being sold by a young marine... the odds of finding an ATK300 on a small Island are very low, and yet I did. So, I still have all three colors... here's the link -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3613&hilit=ibanez+atk

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2023, 7:33 am 

superheavydeathmetal wrote:
fivebass52 wrote:

Also, here's a link to the right handed Sparkle Bass, and the reason why I bought it. Pictures aren't the greatest, but the headstock pic show what the sparkle looks like. I've had right handers use it at jams, and it sounds really good, a touch mellower than my lefty 98...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1210&hilit=ibanez+atk305