LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 9:29 am

Post subject: Hadean Bass Uke $130
PostPosted: April 9th, 2020, 6:42 pm 

https://www.rondomusic.com/Hadean_UKB-200_NA_LH.html

Post subject: Re: Hadean Bass Uke $130
PostPosted: April 10th, 2020, 11:58 am 

I bought a rubber string one a few years ago and wrote up a full review here (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8160&hilit=hadean). If you're willing to o some work, these are decent for the $.

Anybody tried a steel string bass uke? I'm curious how they play/sound.

Post subject: Re: Hadean Bass Uke $130
PostPosted: April 11th, 2020, 2:10 am 

I bought this one awhile back off of eBay for @$67 landed in Hawaii... the seller said he couldn't get any sound out of it when plugged in... I put in a new battery, plugged it in, no sound. Turned it 180, plugged it in... had sound! The only other problem I've had with it is, the top strap button stripped out (there just isn't much thickness in the body in that area), so I went to the hardware store got the appropriate nut-and-bolt, and now it's solid...

I wouldn't mind trying the La Bella mediums Rondo mentions in their sales ad, however; I also own a Kala U-Bass, and had a friend by me an expensive set of Pyramid Steel strings... I put them on, they sounded week, and started to corrode withing a matter of weeks... they just never had the depth of low-end tone that the silicone strings have... I did buy the "Red" strings though, and they have been the most consistant in tone, and holding pitch.... for the money, I think the Hadean is a good buy, I just don't know about the metal strings though, and would have to hear one on youtube for example....

Several of the screws on the backplate that accesses the strings for replacement strip out, but not to the point they fall out... I believe the body is actually made out of some type of laminate sandwhich, and the reason why the thickness of the body is so thin, and has a tendency to strip out at the screw holes... other than that, it's a great sounding bass, the EQ section works well, and I like the on-board tuning option....