LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently June 3rd, 2024, 9:48 am

Post subject: Re: Jazz Bass Deluxe $600
PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 11:03 am 

Frenchy-Lefty wrote:
Matt, I had one of the older ones from the late 90's early 2000, it had those Noiseless pickups. Indeed the electronics was horrendous. Probably the worst I have ever heard actually, it was harsh sounding in the highs with muddy lows. I ditched all the electronics and put some Lindy's in it and it was fine. I really liked the neck. Now, the ones they made after 2008 with the five bolt neck, SCN pickups, better 18v preamp were much much better sounding. You'd want to check when it was made. The white pickguard tells me it could be a more recent mode but l don't thimk it is the high mass bridge.

I have a couple of Deluxe's right now and really don't care for the electronics at all. I pulled out the preamp and installed 60's custom shop pickups on one of them and that is my main bass right now (I highly recommend the Fender pickups quiet as ll get out in the studio and still have the growl) . I have a pair of Lindy Fraiins that I was going to do install in the other Deluxe when I have some spare time.

Post subject: Re: Jazz Bass Deluxe $600
PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 3:44 pm 

AHNC wrote:
I have a couple of Deluxe's right now and really don't care for the electronics at all. I pulled out the preamp and installed 60's custom shop pickups on one of them and that is my main bass right now (I highly recommend the Fender pickups quiet as ll get out in the studio and still have the growl) . I have a pair of Lindy Fraiins that I was going to do install in the other Deluxe when I have some spare time.

I did the same on a Deluxe that I use for gigging, now its fully passive with Fralins installed. The sound is a bit thin in the mix, but haven't had the time to work on it.