LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 10:19 pm

Post subject: Price Drop - Fender Aerodyne
PostPosted: December 9th, 2013, 5:25 pm 

This bass has been listed for about a month now, and the seller finally decided to lower the price by $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Japan-Aerodyne-Jazz-Bass-Rare-Color-Dolphin-Gray-Made-in-Japan-Lefty-/111234965267?pt=Guitar&hash=item19e61edf13

Considering that shipping from Japan is going to run $120+ USD no matter where you buy from, and that it's only $200 bucks cheaper than a new one, it's still not cheap enough for me to call it a deal. But, it looks like he's wanting to get rid of it, so maybe he would take an offer even though the option isn't available.

I'd jump all over one if I could get it for $600.

I never really "got" what a Rick is capable of until I ran it stereo a few times in my college band. We used to call it the "Piano of Doom". You get all the bottom and all the top in total a**kicking mode.

Post subject: Re: Price Drop - Fender Aerodyne
PostPosted: December 9th, 2013, 5:36 pm 

I see the bass is actually black, but it sure would look nice if it was closer to the blue-looking hue in the first picture!

PostPosted: December 10th, 2013, 10:11 am 

fivebass52 wrote:
I see the bass is actually black, but it sure would look nice if it was closer to the blue-looking hue in the first picture!

It's dolphin grey, that's just what that colour does when viewed at different angles. It's kind of a blue-green grey tone that will shift to a darker green/black when viewed from the side.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2013, 1:58 pm 

Haha!

Now he's got the same item listed twice, with the second listing back to his original Buy it Now price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Japan-Aerodyne-Jazz-Bass-Rare-Color-Dolphin-Gray-Made-in-Japan-Lefty-/111217528743?pt=Guitar&hash=item19e514cfa7

I never really "got" what a Rick is capable of until I ran it stereo a few times in my college band. We used to call it the "Piano of Doom". You get all the bottom and all the top in total a**kicking mode.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2013, 9:57 pm 

bigevilrobot wrote:
fivebass52 wrote:

It's dolphin grey, that's just what that colour does when viewed at different angles. It's kind of a blue-green grey tone that will shift to a darker green/black when viewed from the side.

I'll remember that color... it's nice!

PostPosted: December 11th, 2013, 7:20 pm 

Heck yeah they are! I think these things are stunning, especially the blue and most especially the red (oh my God, the red...):

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/ishibashi-sh ... r/ajb1.jpg

I'm going to grab one up as soon as I can find a deal. (I have a use for it... a specific use... just like all of us do for every bass we own...)

PostPosted: December 11th, 2013, 8:12 pm 

You're killing me! Stop posting those gorgeous pictures! ;-)