LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:46 am

Post subject: Medium scale 6 string?
PostPosted: December 17th, 2023, 2:22 pm 

Been keeping my eyes out for a higher end 6 string. I have always played 5 string with the high c, so I'm curious about expanding my low end options.

I have okay finger reach, but I've always been limited from fully extending like I want (my hands just don't do it). I'm thinking of a 32" or smaller scale to help with that.

Not even sure what's out there for these specs. It's already a tough ask, but lefty feels impossible without a custom order.

Post subject: Re: Medium scale 6 string?
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2024, 9:09 am 

If you don't mind headless, the Kiesel Vader can be ordered as a lefty 30" scale six-string bass though the builder available on their website. I haven't tried the Vader model, but I a five-string in one of their other headless models (Osiris) that I have used both with a high C and a low B, and it is fabulous (mine is 34" scale though; I think the Vader is the only option they have at 30", and none at 32" as far as I know).

I also know that Zon has been willing to make 32" versions of some of their models in 4, 5, or 6 strings (in fact, I have a 4 from them at 32"), although that obviously is a much higher price point and longer wait time compared to the Kiesel, and they have been known to have issues with wait times and communication over the past several years.