LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 30th, 2024, 8:31 pm

Post subject: Question about Eastwood and DiPinto basses
PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 7:20 am 

Hey guys,
I have a question in re to the Eastwood Classic 4 bass and the DiPinto Belvedere Standard basses. (I hope I'm, posting this in the right spot on the forum) My question is directed to all that have played one of (or both) of these basses. My question is, how would you rate the overall playability of these basses? In particular, the string spacing at the bridge and overall feel of the neck?
I'm interested in purchasing one of these basses (lefty of course) and unfortunately, do not have the opportunity to try either one of them out. I really don't want to buy one without trying it and then have to either send it back or re-sell it because it does'nt fit what I'm used to. So I'm looking for some help and insight from those of you who have played one of these instruments. I'm pretty much a Fender or Fender style guy so I'm looking for something similar in neck width and string spacing.
Thanks everybody!

Post subject: Re: Question about Eastwood and DiPinto basses
PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 2:45 pm 

I tried a righty Eastwood Classic 4, and I liked it. Very pretty, and it reminded me of my old Guild Starfire. If I ever get back to making what I did before the economy tanked, I'd probably get a lefty. My friend has a Belvedere, and he really liked it (though he also kept trying to sell/trade it to me). The main difference between the two basses (for me) is the DiPinto has a 34" scale ebony board, bolt-on neck, while the Eastwood has a 30 1/2" scale rosewood board, set neck. Also, the Eastwood is about $200 cheaper.