LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 30th, 2024, 6:01 pm

Post subject: WTT: My '96 SR4 for a Maple P-Bass
PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 12:34 pm 

I'm going to throw this out there to see what happens.

I want a good solid workhorse p-bass with a maple board... any color is ok. MIA preferred.

I'm looking for a player, so it can be beat to hell. Quirky is cool... but it mainly needs to be able to be set up well... no effed up neck joints or bowed necks or basses that weigh eleventeen pounds. 10.5 lbs for a 4-banger is about my limit.

I'm willing to trade my beloved SR4 for one... with a little cash if the right bass appears.

My SR4 is a gem. She's one of the first production lefties off the line in '96. "Born on Date" is July 10th, 1996. Neck has a hand-written date of July 8th 1996. Body stamp is June 4th 1996. I called Bass Center in LA (RIP) to order one literally seconds after my buddy called me from NAMM and said they had lefties that year. I ordered it in late January, '96... date on the receipt is July 15th 1996.

You will be hard pressed to find another lefty from EBMM's first official production year with dates on it that are earlier than mine.

The woods they picked are beautiful. The neck is figured in birdseye maple, the rosewood is seasoned in a rich dark brown/red and the body is swamp ash, in the now discontinued "Natural Velvet" finish. The body is 2-piece, but the seam is literally almost invisible.

She has the 3-band EQ, and it's RAZOR sharp and gritty and punchy, as the typical SR should sound...

The bass has some mojo... all given to her with much love by me, but she is literally in fantastic condition for a 15 year-old bass. She was my main player for about 10 years and was my first "real bass." I have gigged and recorded the hell out of her, but have loved her dearly and taken very good care if her.

Here's an old super shitty pic:

I'll take some good pics this weekend.

Anyway, I want a P-bass... I've wanted one for a long time and lately I've REALLY been gassing for one, so that's why I would consider giving up this bass to get one... if the deal is right.

Let me know if you're interested!

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

Post subject: Re: WTT: My '96 SR4 for a Maple P-Bass
PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 2:30 pm 

I forgot to mention...

I have the original "deluxe" G&G case. I used to actually use hardshell cases back then, so the case was used and is a little beat up. It's missing one of the chrome feet.

Also... the bass weighs a very manageable 9.5 lbs.

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: July 28th, 2011, 12:34 pm 

I said I'd post some pics, so here they are!

PostPosted: July 28th, 2011, 1:14 pm 

Wow that's a beauty. If I had the P we'd be talking right now.

Good luck!

PostPosted: July 28th, 2011, 2:48 pm 

:shock: that's an incredible job matching the grain on that 2-piece body! :shock:

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 10:27 am 

This bass has gone to a GREAT home, so you can get rid of this thread and the For Sale thread as well.

Thanks!