LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:29 am

Post subject: WTB- 5 string lefty, cheaper the better, :o)
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 1:46 pm 

Alot of leeway here, but, would prefer a Jazz or Pilot type, real or copy. Rosewood board only. Congenial to fretted or fretless. Long scale, but, might consider a real cheapo short scale. Prefer 5 on a side tuners, but, 3/2 or 4/1 ok. I think Squire & Affinity & Bullet have made rosewood board with 5 on a side headstocks in the past, that would suit me just fine. Speakin' of that, just a 5 string neck of known origin might be ok. Within 150 miles of Chattanooga would be great as well, I'd come take a look. But, fine with long distance, as well.

Post subject: Re: WTB- 5 string lefty, cheaper the better, :o)
PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 3:05 am 

pm'ed

PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 8:26 am 

answered. I'm still looking, folks.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2011, 8:28 am 

I couldn't edit my original post, so, I'll do it here. Headstocks with 5 on a side tuners only. No 3/2, no 4/1. Also, I highly prefer passive single coil pu or pups.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2011, 8:36 am 

You're slowly losing the ability to buy a "cheap" bass

PostPosted: May 19th, 2011, 11:36 am 

blankrider wrote:
You're slowly losing the ability to buy a "cheap" bass

LOL. The main thing is 5 on a side tuners. I can change out pups or whatever. Actually, just a neck would be fine if it would fit your standard F type body pocket.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2011, 12:08 pm 

5-string (5 on a side) Carvin... $380 BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carvin-LB75-Left-Ha ... 35b1d5cd4b

Swap the p'ups out for some cheapo passive p'ups, and that's one cheap 5-on-a-side 5-string bass.

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: May 19th, 2011, 2:22 pm 

Addison wrote:
5-string (5 on a side) Carvin... $380 BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carvin-LB75-Left-Ha ... 35b1d5cd4b

Swap the p'ups out for some cheapo passive p'ups, and that's one cheap 5-on-a-side 5-string bass.

Thx, I'll keep it in mind. I no longer keep an ebay account, but, one of my buddies will get me stuff from there if I ask. I think, though, by the time I bought a hard shell case & swapped pups, I'd be close to the price of a new Schecter Diamond P5. But, of course I haven't played one of those, nobody keeps a lefty in stock,lol. I suppose I could check out the sound, though, but, it's still about twice what I want and have to spend.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2011, 7:27 am 

Well... no offense man, but with a $180 budget, your options are limited enough as it is, without worrying about how the tuners are aligned on the headstock.

Good luck.

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: May 20th, 2011, 10:10 am 

Addison wrote:
Well... no offense man, but with a $180 budget, your options are limited enough as it is, without worrying about how the tuners are aligned on the headstock.

Good luck.

380 + 50 shipping + 120(Carvin case) + 20 shipping= $570 + possible pup change. Could get new Schecter with case for $700 with free shipping. At any rate, half of 570 is $285. Whether it's in shipping or sales tax, I don't wana go over $400. And, as I thought I pointed out, 5 on a side tuners isn't my "worry", it's what I'm looking for, ie, the whole reason for the thread.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2011, 10:11 am 

Or just play it without changing the pickups and get a softy case for 20$

PostPosted: May 20th, 2011, 10:25 am 

nachodaddy wrote:
I don't wana go over $400. And, as I thought I pointed out, 5 on a side tuners isn't my "worry", it's what I'm looking for, ie, the whole reason for the thread.

Like I said...

Good luck!

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 2:37 pm 

If you are looking for the type of pain in the back of your head that throbs so bad you worry it's aneurism and you’re going to die or maybe just your eyes are going to fall out. Or say like pounding a rusty nail through your own scrodum with a bowling ball then try and help someone and give helpful advice… :D

No offence to anyone with musical needs and little dough because I was there for over two decades. There is almost a bass for everyone’s budget between Rondo music and used crap on eBay. But try and keep your expectations in line with your wallet. I worked 3 jobs for a long time and saved for a long time for my first decent bass is all I know. Now I got em all over the place but it was 20 years of playing turds but that’s what I could afford. At the same time those 20 years of swimming in Peavey junk and Ibanez I learned to appriciate every nice bass I have owned and it's still a thrill to this day to open some of the cases I have and play some of the works of art I own but it didn't happen over night..Sorry for the rant but I see posts like this from time to time and guys like Addison who has been around the block man with playing and his deep equipment knowledge leave helpfull info but it usually falls on deaf ears. Hell I call him and ask him advise and well most times I don't listen to him too and he still takes his time with everyone probbably more so with guys who ask and need help and I have yet to see it turn out. Anyway Addison even though I'm a self admitted bone head I thank you bro.