LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:12 am

Post subject: Boos Loop Station
PostPosted: September 12th, 2008, 6:41 am 

I am very intruiged by the Boss Loop-Station pedal. But it costs $180! Has anyone had any experience with it, or ever tried it out?

Post subject: Re: Boos Loop Station
PostPosted: September 12th, 2008, 8:22 am 

I fiddled with one when they first came out. It's a cool pedal, but in order to do the various hands free foot control you'd want when performing live you really need an FS-6 dual foot controller plugged in to control parameters. That brings the price up to $230. For $20 more you might as well just get the RC-20XL.

I'd love to find a good looper, but it HAS to be midi controllable AND rack mountable (or at least stored away in a rack tray) for me 'cause I'm trying to conserve floor space. The only ones I've found that have what I need are the Gibson Echoplex (very expensive), EH's Super Looper (close, but still lacking some features I'd want) and Backline Engineering's Riffbox (which you can't save loops after powering down). Still searching.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2008, 1:05 pm 

I run the RC-2 and use it constantly, but I don't save any loops it's basically just a glorified phrase sampler for me. I do a lot of drone and ambient stuff and run an entire "micro" mixer with various effects and instruments through it. I'd say save up and get the 20XL if you're wanting to really use the thing in any sort of advanced format. I love the RC-2 for what I do, but it's pretty limited.

Also, I know some people prefer the Digitech Jamman so you may want to check that out as well.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2008, 10:24 pm 

Just found this little article about a cool mod for the RC-2. This might make it a bit more appealing, especially given it's small footprint:

http://supervelcroboy.wordpress.com/2008/05/22/easyy-extra-function-mods-for-the-boss-rc-2-looper/